Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wicks, Quotes, and Surprise Visits...

Sorry everyone - I haven't posted in a few days. I've been pretty busy... pretty busy being lazy with the boyfriend. Alex decided to come down and visit me on Monday afternoon and didn't leave until this afternoon... which is A-O-K by me! :) We spent the last few days lounging on the couch watching movies, hanging out, and just enjoying life in the same state together! Couldn't be happier... <3

In a recent post of mine, I mentioned some jobs Alex has been looking into... He had an interview Monday morning for a high school varisty golf coach position for next fall... and he got an offer for the position, before the interview was even over! How awesome is that? He is pretty excited, and I think he will be an awesome golf coach. It stinks that the position doesn't start until late summer when the golf team has to start practice, but its still an awesome step into the direction Alex wants to head. Although he ultimately wants to teach more than anything, having a golf coaching job under his belt and on his resume will be great for potential PE teaching positions that may open up in the future. We are all super pumped for him... and by 'we' I mean all of our family and friends. :)
Alex at the golf range last summer...
Annie and I decided we were in the mood for pizza tonight, so we went to Wick's on Bardstown Road for dinner. If you live in Louisville and haven't eaten Wick's Pizza, you are insane. Go there, right now, and eat some! The pizza is awesome, the atmosphere is fun, and did I mention that the pizza is awesome? Yum. The breadsticks were hugeeee and very tasty, so I recommend those as well. We got the "Mighty Meaty Wick" pizza... Phenomenal... one-two pieces would fill you up completely. We brought the massive amount of leftovers home for Cara to enjoy. Definitely great pizza.
Mighty Meaty Wick
Breadsticks
At Wick's, on the table, there was an ad for Knobb Creek, and on the ad it had a quote, "At some point in time a man switches from 'I'll have what he's having' to 'I'll have what I'm having'."   Below it was another quote that said "Drink Life Deeply".  I think these are two very intriguing phrases... in one aspect you can obviously look at the quotes in terms of drinking, but in the other aspect, you can associate them with life.

The first quote reminds me of a wall piece that I purchased not too long ago which has helped me tremendously in coming to terms with a lot of things in life... I happen to be a very materialistic person, and sometimes it is hard for me to come to terms with not always having what I want. The wall piece I purchased says, "It's not having what you want, its wanting what you have." Similar to the Knobb Creek quote, this one shows that it isn't about what someone else has that you might be jealous of or yearning for, its not about getting everything you want, buying the house you always dreamed of, having the most expensive car, etc... It should be about wanting what you have and enjoying it to the fullest. This concept is something I think many people should consider. It truly put some perspective on how I have viewed things previously in life. I've always been the person who wants more and 'has to have'... but this has kept me out of the clouds, so to speak. The quote has taught me that I should feel lucky for what I have and appreciate it. And so I try every day to be thankful for all that I have been given... A loving and supportive family, an extremely caring and wonderful boyfriend, amazing friends who have always been there by myside through thick and thin, an intelligent brain, decent health, a roof over my head in both Louisville and NKY... the list could go on and on. [Sorry, I know this is rambling... but hey, the blog IS called nonsense, right?]

I think that it is vital to 'drink life deeply' in the sense that you should live life to its fullest. I, unfortunately, know damn well from personal experience that life is too short. Too short indeed. Why not do what you can to make the most of it, in all aspects. Laugh often, Live always, and Love much... right?



Knobb Creek Quote

Wall Hanging


So I say to you, my blog followers, appreciate what you have, be thankful for every ounce of it, and drink life deeply.



Untrustworthy #2:
People who either aren't sarcastic, or cannot handle sarcasm.

2 comments:

  1. I love your untrustworthy quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I wholeheartedly agree with appreciating all that you have & exactly where you are. Life changes so quickly sometimes, we have to stop & be grateful for what we have right now. Always great to have goals though, but our "stuff" (or lack of it) should not define us. Its how we choose to live the life we've been given, appreciating those that we have been blessed enough to have come into our lives.

    I too love your untrustworthy quotes...damn it!! ;)

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete