Funny how my previous two posts both oddly are titled after foods. Probably because I love food and tend to center a lot of my day/time/thoughts around food. Okay, not a LOT of my time, but definitely some time. This evening Cara, Annie, and myself went to P.F. Changs for a delicious dinner, much needed on this cooped up snow day. (Not that I am complaining... because who doesn't LOVE a snow day?) And now that we are home, Cara has decided to bake sugar cookies. You know the kind with the icing on them and possibly even sprinkles... sprinkles for sure in Cara's case. Cara decided she would call these specific cookies "reject cookies" because they are made with the sprinkles left over from holiday cookies she made... Hence the fact that she used pumpkin sprinkles, fall leaves sprinkles, etc. So anyway, tomorrow she gets to see Austin, so she wanted to bake him some cookies. I might steal a few to take to Alexander as well. We shall see. They smell great and look awesome, so let us hope I don't eat them myself before Cara gets to take them tomorrow.
 |
| Cara Baking Cookies! |
 |
| Cara showing off one of the finished products... |
 |
| Reject Cookies! |
Tonight the girls and myself went to see the new movie "No Strings Attached". I, personally, really liked it. It's obviously cliche because no movies now-a-days are new stories, but it was very funny and very cute. And for those guys who might read this, there's a decent amount of sex or sexual type of scenes. And for those of you ladies who want to see Ashton Kutchar's cute butt, its in there too :) Natalie Portman is adorable. Small boobs and all. So maybe there IS hope for those of us girls who have no chests.
Currently we are back at our apartment, cookies now baked, watching 'The Social Network". It is an excellent movie. Whats mega nerdy about it, is that I actually understand the code he discusses and shows as he creates the site. Embarrassing or what? Yep. It is. It is very interesting to hear the story about how Facebook came about and what is/has happened with the company since its creation. Everytime Facebook changes some sort of setting, I get pissed. I don't know about you guys, but it is highly frustrating and irritating. Change. It sucks, but is inevitable. After having seen this movie in the theaters a few months back, I decided that I no longer planned to get too pissed about the things that Mark Zuckerberg changes about the site, because I actually like this guy. I like his story, I like his wit, I like his intelligence. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be able to contact and share so many fun stories/photos/comments/opinions with half of our friends around the globe. So, as irritated as we might be with Mark, we should just suck it up, because let's admit it... his site rocks.
 |
| The Social Network DVD case... I like. |
If we weren't watching TSN right now, I would probably be playing my PS3. Over Christmas break I purchased quite a few new video games. And for my birthday Annie gave me one as well. Of the five total, I have played 4. The one I still have left to even start playing is Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3. Yes, this screams nerd. Whatever. Get over it. I am a gamer and I don't care what you have to say about it. Perhaps I'll play that some time this week if my school work and work work don't get in the way. Chances are they will. Oh well.
 |
| The New Games. |
The moon looked beautiful tonight. Mystical. Bright, almost full. If I had my camera on me at the point in which Cara and I stopped and stared at it in the parking lot of Target tonight, I would have taken a photograph. But unfortunately, I didn't have it on me. But it was stunning. This of course throws me back into the "wonders of life" thought process where I sit here pondering how insane it is that the moon controls the tides. Really? How insane is that. Incredible. Everything links to something else. Everyday, even though I've known these little things for years, I am amazed by the existence of not only the world, but how it works.
Its moments like this where I wish I would have been an elementary school teacher... I'd love to be able to present these awesome notions to the new little minds of children in elementary schools. They ask the best questions, both simple and complicated. They are eager to learn and to know. This is part of the reason why I love the company of the children I babysit so very much. Their little minds are so excited about life, not tarnished yet, not negative yet, just eager. Maybe some day I will be able to go back and teach children... If I'm lucky.
You'd be a great elementary school teacher!! Just sayin.... :)
ReplyDelete