Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thunderstorms are NOT good for TOMS.

What an awesome Sunday.

Mokka for breakfast with some awesome people (Annie, Alex, Christina, Derek, and baby Nala)... Amazing french toast. Goetta. Potatoes. Mokkaccino... Enough said.

After breakfast, Alex went off to work... He is one of the hardest-working little waiters I've ever known... Busts his butt all day every day to make sure that he is staying on top of things, staying fit, and making bacon. Love him for that. Love him for his persistence and devotion to everything he is a part of.

Annie and I decided we'd stop by Momma Lonn's work on our way home from breakfast and pay her a little visit. That little visit turned into a paint shopping visit, which was fine by me! I am going to be repainting what will be mine and Alex's room at my parent's come May because the current color scheme just isn't totally working for me. But the real paint choosing was truly surrounded around our choice to remodel Joey's bedroom.

This upcoming week marks the 3 year anniversary of his accident and lately my mother has been in the mood to start making improvements on his room. Joey's friends came a few weeks ago and went through some of his things and took what they wanted or what was memorable for them... in addition, we went through a lot of the things in his room and threw out a lot of trash or unimportant things. Slowly but surely his room is getting cleaned... It is so very saddening, but also very cleansing for the soul. It must be done, and so we are doing the best we can as a family to take the steps needed to get to that point. After his room is cleaned out, we are going to change the paint, carpet, etc. and move our other furniture in there and turn it into a guest room. Even this week we finally moved his urn down into the family room instead of being in his bedroom. A lot of changes, but like I said, cleansing for the soul. I think Joey would rather his room get use vs. sit there empty... yea, he'd like that.

So this afternoon/evening it has been raining and stormy in Louisville... and accoring to my Weather Channel ap on the iPhone, it is supposed to be stormy all night and all day tomorrow. Yay... I love storms. It shows that spring is finally coming... which means that summer is finally coming... which means grad school is almost over! Yay! lol The only downside to thunderstorms coming... I can't wear my TOMS! Thunderstorms do not bode well for cloth shoes. Not... at... all. And I have new cute TOMS, too. Cream colored ones and red ones. I think I love them both... (And still love my grays!) Even though Alex and Annie thought it'd be nice to make fun of the red TOMS... and make some Wizard of Oz/Dorothy references... har har har. lol So, it looks like for at least the next day or two, no TOMS for me. Very saddening.





Tonight Katie is having a sleepover with us in Louisville... she has some business to conduct in Louisville tomorrow morning, so she's camping out here... and by here I mean she will most likely take up over half of my bed tonight. As usual... ;-)  I can't complain though, because it's always nice to have a little QT with Katie! Although it does mean that leaves Alex home alone... He's probably dancing around naked though, so I'm sure he is just fine! ;-) Katie and I had a nice little late dinner at Olive Garden (since Cara had already eaten and Annie ate dinner with my parents in NKY before she came back to Louisville tonight)... We are stuffed! So, this blog is about over with so that I can rest on the couch in a food coma.

Enjoy the storms tonight, they are one of the many beautiful scenes of nature. :)

P.S. I hope you are watching the Oscars! And best score (or whatever that award was called) should've gone to Inception, not Social Network!


Untrustworthy #10:
People who dislike RED TOMS!

3 comments:

  1. first of all... 1st: i really appreciate the shout out paragraph that you gave me :); 2: i love your red toms; tres: thats three in Spanish: and four: inception was wonderfully creative and WAY better than the facebook movie, i mean come on, who really even likes facebook anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my TOMS too! I need the weather to warm up and dry out so I can wear them ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete